As part of the Geofood project, we organised an online event “Promoting the use of geothermal energy and the green future of Slovenia“, which took place on Thursday, February 4, 2021, via the zoom application.
With this event, we wanted to stimulate a discussion on the future exploitation of geothermal energy in Slovenia. Thus, the event’s central theme was the exploitation of geothermal energy not only for one purpose (e.g. tourism) but also the search for innovative solutions to combine several purposes (e.g. food production, tourism and local community heating) and thus greater exploitation of Slovenia’s geothermal potential.
Keynote speakers were:
- dr. Maja Turnšek, Faculty of Tourism, University of Maribor, GeoFood project coordinator in Slovenia
- Martina Gračner, Ministry for Infrastructure, Republic of Slovenia
- Boštjan Petelinc, Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry and Food, Republic of Slovenia
- Marko Pukšič, Government Office for Development and European Cohesion Policy, Republic of Slovenia
- Pavel Ramšak, Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) / GEOTHERMICA
- Nina Rman and Andrej Lapanje, Geological Survey of Slovenia
- Tomaž Štembal, Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning, Republic of Slovenia
- Leon Ammerlaan, Ammerlaan The Green Innovator
Participants have formed a statement on promoting the use of geothermal energy in Slovenia, which will be sent to decision-makers and the government bodies.