As part of the Geofood project, we organise an online event “Promoting the use of geothermal energy and the green future of Slovenia”, which will be on Thursday, February 4, 2021, from 9.30 to 12.00 (CET), via the zoom application.
With this event, we want to stimulate a discussion on the future exploitation of geothermal energy in Slovenia. Thus, the central theme of the event will be the exploitation of geothermal energy not only for one purpose (e.g. tourism) but also the search for innovative solutions to combine several purposes (e.g. food production, tourism and local community heating) and thus greater exploitation of Slovenia’s geothermal potential.
The event will be held mainly in Slovene language (invitation to the event).
- dr. Maja Turnšek, Faculty of Tourism, University of Maribor, GeoFood project coordinator in Slovenia
- Martina Gračner, Ministry for Infrastructure, Republic of Slovenia
- Boštjan Petelinc, Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry and Food, Republic of Slovenia
- Marko Pukšič, Government Office for Development and European Cohesion Policy, Republic of Slovenia
- Pavel Ramšak, Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) / GEOTHERMICA
- Nina Rman and Andrej Lapanje, Geological Survey of Slovenia
- Leon Ammerlaan, Ammerlaan The Green Innovator